Monday, October 3, 2011

Kale chips and chopped.

    Sometimes having kids in the kitchen is not a time saver, but I really like having them in there with me.  P used to never leave my side in the kitchen. Now she only can be counted on if there are large amounts of sugar and butter involved. Her brother on the other hand is very interested, and she uses this time to play imaginative games without a little brother to get in her way.

    They still love to make kale chips. So, today I was glad that I had planned ahead and all we had on our plates was making kale chips.

TIP ALERT- When chopping, plan ahead and do as much as you can at the same time.-

    I was chopping carrots, onions, and celery for taco salad and realized if added potatoes to my board  then I had the bulk of my potato lentil soup already make.  So my time was freed up to make kale chips with my trio. P and W helped dry the leaves, and pull the leaves off the stalk. Baby Z sucked on the stalk of the kale.  We then sprayed them with olive oil and sprinkled them with salt.
    After 15 minutes in a 375 degree oven we then had kale destruction.

Our kitchen and kids were covered in kale dust.  Even Z was covered in kale dust when she finished nursing.

No comments: